Need to stay alert?
Try Peppermint oil! If you or someone you know has trouble staying awake during the day and would like a natural method to feel alert, Peppermint oil used topically or aromatically can help. Because of the invigorating and cooling effects that pure Peppermint oil produces when it comes in contact with skin, Peppermint is an ideal oil for staying attentive and aware.
In order to create this extra boost, place 1–2 drops of Peppermint oil on your fingertips and then rub your temples. The invigorating aroma of Peppermint oil will help give you the natural sense of alertness you desire when you need it most.
Peppermint Oil Uses and Benefits
- Instead of reaching for artificially flavored gum or candy when you need to freshen your breath, look to Peppermint oil to do the job. Mix a drop of Peppermint oil with a drop of Lemon essential oil in water, take a sip, and swirl it around in your mouth for a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse.
- Peppermint oil is a culinary wonder and has been used to add a fresh boost to meals in kitchens all across the world. However, the use of Peppermint oil is not just limited to cooked dishes; it also makes a great addition to any smoothie. Try adding one to two drops of Peppermint oil to your favorite smoothie recipe for a burst of minty flavor. By adding the freshness of Peppermint oil to your morning smoothie (or even just plain water), you can start your day feeling more refreshed than ever.
- Looking for a long-lasting way to smell the sweet and minty aroma of Peppermint oil? Use this simple yet invigorating diffuser blend and enjoy this fresh aroma in your home, office, or classroom. To make this blend, combine two drops of Peppermint oil, three drops of Grapefruit, and two drops of Sandalwood into a diffuser. Using Peppermint oil in your diffuser will produce a cooling, invigorating vapor. Additionally, the grounding and mood-enhancing properties of Sandalwood and the uplifting benefits of Grapefruit will work well with the soothing and relaxing effects of Peppermint oil to produce an energizing and calming aroma that all will enjoy.
- The soothing components found in Peppermint oil make it a desirable oil for massages. Try adding Peppermint oil to your massage experiences and enjoy the pleasurable cooling feelings it brings to your skin while immersing yourself in its sweet and relaxing aroma. A great massage companion to Peppermint oil is Lavender.
- If you're finding more than your share of spiders or bugs in your home, Peppermint oil provides a perfect solution to ward off those creepy crawlers. Many bugs and spiders dislike the potent smell of Peppermint oil. Consequently, Peppermint oil is used as a home remedy to repel bugs naturally. Try placing one to three drops of Peppermint oil on a cotton ball and placing it in the corners of your bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, laundry room, or wherever you think these unwanted guests might be.
Try this Peppermint Foot Lotion
It is light and moisturizing and can be used anywhere on your body.
- In small glass container, combine all ingredients, except essential oils.
- Place in saucepan with 1–1 ½ inches of boiling water.
- Stir ingredients until combined (around 5–10 minutes).
- Once melted, remove from heat and let rest 3 minutes.
- Add essential oils and stir.
- Let mixture come to a solid. To quicken process, place in refrigerator.
- Once solid, use an electric mixer to whip lotion.
- Gradually come to high speed and whip for 3–4 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Place in container. To use, rub on heels to help soften and soothe them.
Tip: For best results, add a generous amount to feet with socks before bed.